View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 12:22 PM
duvie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: WB Bunkie

Originally Posted by baseball View Post
I just want to get paid for going to WORK. WORK is at the airport.

While I sit reserve at my house, either long call or short call I still get paid. I am being paid by the company to be available for an assignment.

if I drive to the airport that takes money to fuel the car and mileage, etc. Plus, I am not at home, I am at the airport.

I wouldn't call it "double pay" I would call it FAIR PAY.

If field standby paid 2.5 hours of add pay for showing I think that would be fair. If they assigned you a trip, you get your minimum of 5.0 per day. This is more than reasonable, and more than fair. In my opinion, a definition of FAIR is when neither side gets all of what they want. The company wants you there for free. I want 5.0 hours for showing up. I think a reasonable compromise is 2.5 add pay for show to the airport. If a line holder shows to the airport they are going to get 5.0 per day. throw a reserve a bone, not the entire T bone steak and that's very fair.
Most pilots (and other people) have to show up at work to get paid. If you get your 4 hours and are raking leaves, getting groceries, or going for a hike, thats a boon, not the right thing, or what you deserve.

If you have get dressed and drive somewhere to collect your money that day, are you really saying you deserve something extra for that??