View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 03:20 PM
MaydayMark
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: MD-11 Captain
Default Happy S/O day George

Originally Posted by FoxHunter View Post
Although I was looking forward to finally getting my FAA Flight Engineer certificate it looks like that is no longer in the cards. In any case the training department will be busy enough putting those age 60+ S/Os back in the Captain seat.

Guess again George!

My trusty ALPA calendar says your 60th birthday is tomorrow ... looks like you'll have a chance to get that Flight Engineer rating after all. And remember ... the only other seat in the jet that sits sideways ... FLUSHES!

I'd like my coffee black please ...

In case pouring coffee doesn't sound appealing ... I found this story of another George that might be helpful in your future job hunt (or maybe this was you ... it would explain a lot?)

Curious George Takes a Job

As stated in an interview, the book Curious George Takes a Job was inspired by a true story. A boy, whose name is not known today, was born in Hamburg in 1909 with Down's Syndrome. He was institutionalized by his parents, condemned to a life at the facility.
When the boy was 15, he escaped from the institution and fled into the city streets. Hungry and in search of food, he found the briefly unattended kitchen of a restaurant, where a cook found him playing with the food and eating it. The cook, intrigued, put him to work to clean dishes, and took him home that evening. Within the following days, the cook arranged with a friend to have the boy wash windows at an office building.
The boy's work went well at first. But in one office, he found colored paints. He used them to paint a mural on the wall of the office. The tenant returned to his office after a lunch break to find the boy busy painting, and he started to chase after him. The boy jumped out a third-story window, breaking some bones.
The story made local headlines. After several weeks of hospitalization, the boy was formally adopted by the cook, and he later became the star of an amateur movie. He was recognized in the coming years as a talented artist.

Happy Birthday George