Thread: C Series Info
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 04:43 AM
Herkflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Left seat of a little plane

No one would buy them AT THAT TIME. Poor airline mgmt coupled with the worst economic environment for airlines ever. Boeing canceled the 757 in 2004...truly the worst year we've ever had and just prior to widespread industry BK.

It would be nice to have a crystal ball and magic time machine. Would Boeing and airline mgmt rethink all that? Who knows? Of course it is all a moot point.

I just think that Boeing used to be run by true leaders and now it is lawyers and bean counters. Today's Boeing leadership would never have signed off on the 757/767 concept in the first place, had they been in charge back in the late 70s and early 80s.

What I find amusing amidst all this is that both new hires that I've flown with, and In Command attendees (incl me over a year ago) hear network guys lamenting the lack of new 757s and all that.

I suppose from a numbers perspective, Boeing concluded that the 757 was a niche airplane that admittedly performed certain profiles that no other aircraft could, but that small number of routes didn't justify the cost of producing the plane. In any case this is all just message board banter. Boeing surely doesn't care about my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk