View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 05:28 AM
Pedro4President
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by AggieFlyer94 View Post
Hi Everyone:

I am 45 and considering getting back into airline flying. Previous 121 experience was with ExpressJet (flown as Continental Express circa 2007). Had a really great experience at XJT right up until the airlines started furloughing.

Envoy would be my #1 choice to return to flying. I live in DFW, wife, 2 kids, etc; so living in base is key for me. Would appreciate your thoughts on a few questions I have:

- What are the chances of getting DFW out of the school house?

- Duration of reserve time at DFW?

- During reserve and assuming DFW based, approx. # days/week, or #days/month would I be gone from home?

- At XJT we had 2Hr & 12 Hr call out windows. What are the call out windows at Envoy?

Having flown 121 previously, I get everything depends on timing, seniority, whims of the industry, planets alignment, etc, etc.... mostly looking to gather some "approx facts" to help with the decision (convincing the wife).

Thanks in advance to all. Safe Flying!!
You must of just started following this forum. Well unfortunately if you have 1000 hours of 121 time, then before you finish training the company will displace you to LGA as a CA. You will be in LGA for several years on reserve. You will be home maybe 6-7 days per month. This is what awaits you at Envoy. Feel free to continue to follow this thread to see if the company stops forcing pilots with 1000 121 time to upgrade even if they haven't flown in the airlines for a decade. Good luck.