Old 10-25-2017, 03:36 PM
Southerner
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Default JetBlue pilot online job application issues

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
Fair enough. But if no one can answer my question about how JB makes up for the fact that we have peer worst pay rates what is there to actually disagree about?

My delivery?

I do get it. When I was hired here 6+ years ago there were several guys that were very negative about JB on this site. I always understood their point but thought they were being overly negative so I pushed back with hundreds of posts that sound more like yours and Southerners and Payne's. Joe remembers I think. Yeah, I know, *the irony*.

I get it. You feel betrayed. You feel that you got duped, so you feel the need to be crazy negative now. Understood.

From my point of view, which admittedly is not the same as many of you, we are in a good place now. ALPA is here. Negotiations are in end stages, meaning, IMHO we are less than a year from a CBA. (I think we will have something to read in Q1 or Q2, but that’s aggressive.)

Also, it’s a good place to work. We aren’t Allegiant. We aren’t Spirit. We aren’t Frontier. We are head and shoulders above them in many ways.

We aren’t a legacy either. I came here BECAUSE we aren’t Delta. I have zero interest in going there, despite their CBA. My motivation is not money or benefits or retirement. For me the most important thing is enjoying my job and the people that I work with. I really think that is our disconnect and why we feel differently. While I want a leading CBA, it is simply less important to me than keeping our “JetBlueness.”

If you went to SouthWest in 1998 it was NOT the place to be, yet if you had gone there then, career-earning wise you would be in the lead. I suspect similar will happen here. Just hunker down, and wait for the CBA. There are worse places to be. Far worse. Frankly, from my point of view, Delta is worse than here, but that’s because we place value on different things. BUT the point is, if you just hang on and be patient, I think YOU and I can both be happy here. You’ll get the pay etc. I’ll keep the job satisfaction. We both win.

But I can definitely say this. If you truly believe any other airline is better, and that it is hopeless here, you should leave. Why would you stay somewhere that you are miserable? I mean that in the best possible way.