Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 05:51 AM
havick206
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by wwood View Post
Tankers. I just looked up 121.436 and did not realize it had to be PIC mil so shouldn’t be a factor.

So I guess the question would be how long would it take for a new hire to hold ORD as FO and then as a Captain if trying upgrade as soon as possible? Should I still expect to spend a lot of time in LGA as CA or does that only effect those coming in with prior 121?
The last class had nearly half being ORD FO.

If you need to build the 1000 hours prior to upgrade you increase your chances of getting award CA other than LGA by virtue of all the forced upgrades of the new hires after you that have the required time for upgrade. It’s a double edged sword where the forced upgrades benefit some (the FO’s that need to build the 1000 hours and then upgrade), but not the forced upgrades who will be forced to commute to reserve for 12-24 months. That being said anyone joining company now knows what they’re getting themselves in for.

As for previous military hours here’s the reg itself;
For the purpose of satisfying the flight hour requirement in paragraph (a)(3) of this section, a pilot may credit 500 hours of military flight time obtained as pilot in command of a multiengine turbinepowered, fixed-wing airplane in an operation requiring more than one pilot.

Bit off topic, but does the FAA class V22 tilt-rotor time as?