Thread: Alpa Chaos
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 06:21 AM
DLax85
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Monkey

Originally Posted by Saluki135 View Post
I apologize in advance for these questions, I am pretty new at Fedex and not familiar with the background on this current conflict.

1) I keep reading that the MEC vote was politically motivated. What are the two political factions involved? Like one group pro VB plan the other group anti, or one group pro 2015 TA and one group anti?

2) Is this current interest in moving towards a VB retirement plan being steered by guys closer to retirement, who have already maxed their A plan and are looking at ways to bump their personal retirement before they punch out?

I understand the goal is to improve every members overall retirement, but if a pilot is retiring in 5 years, their exposure to risk will be a lot less than guys coming on the property in the last couple of years.
Who’s willing to answer question #2?

How many times in the last 3 contracts have we added verbiage regarding a specific benefit only going to pilots over a specific age on date of signing?

How will earned benefits - both years of service and high 5 earnings - be transferred to any VB Plan? (...if they are transferred at all)

Will they be retroactive or start accumulating again?

How will All these factors (“details”) affect the different cohorts within our association?

All are key questions which haven’t been publicly discussed/addressed.

Why?

Who’s driving the train and how fast is it leaving the station?

Who’s advising the conductor?