Thread: Dropping ATP requirements passes comittee

kevbo , 11-04-2017 08:18 PM
Banned
kevbo
Banned
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2015
Quote: Good! I’m glad there are forces in this country that realize that unlike an “ordinary office worker,” pilots are responsible for numerous lives and that both quality and experience matter. It has little to do with “high social status.” It troubles me that there are pilots out there that view their job just like an ordinary office job. I hope you aren’t flying my family.
I think Airbus and modern cockpits in general have detached the crew enough to make their role redundant. Im seeing really bad pilots with very little experience get by well enough these days. Some of these guys wouldnt make it in a 1960s cockpit. The rest of the world sees this and acts accordingly. The US makes a big deal out of flying because its the most exciting thing that they can use to lure kids into military service. The status that pilots are given is what attracts 99% of the people who become professional pilots in the US. I fell for it for a while. There is a lot more to aviation than flying but everyone wants to be a pilot.