Thread: Dropping ATP requirements passes comittee

aiir , 11-04-2017 10:46 PM
Line Holder
aiir
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2011
Quote: I think Airbus and modern cockpits in general have detached the crew enough to make their role redundant. Im seeing really bad pilots with very little experience get by well enough these days. Some of these guys wouldnt make it in a 1960s cockpit. The rest of the world sees this and acts accordingly. The US makes a big deal out of flying because its the most exciting thing that they can use to lure kids into military service. The status that pilots are given is what attracts 99% of the people who become professional pilots in the US. I fell for it for a while. There is a lot more to aviation than flying but everyone wants to be a pilot.
I'm just starting my training but stick and rudder skills are going to be my number one priority because without them I won't have a basis for understanding the automation and I have enough respect for the profession and the people that I'll be transporting to know that if that automation ever fails, I'll be the last line of defense between wherever we are and terrain, terrain. Not to mention that my personal work ethic doesn't allow me to half-ass things, and half understand things...but to each their own.