Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 07:28 AM
Pedro4President
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by MysteriousMrX View Post
if hired w/ 1000+ 121 time and all other boxes checked, a nearly-immediate upgrade appears imminent: how long are junior captains on reserve for? "1-2.5 years in LGA. Much longer at other bases. "

(maybe it depends on base and equipment?)
what are they currently *saying* is the estimated flow time? what is the *realistic* flow time?! "7-8years but realistically 5-9 years. Really with the movement at the majors there is no good/reliable estimate. Sorry but it's just not possible."
I know some will say that you might get to a major quicker just interviewing from the street… but I'd hate to be stuck at my current regional 5 years from now, still not hired anywhere, and realizing I could've flowed and never gave myself that opportunity.
I'm 41 now, fwiw. A flow in 5-6 years could mean a nearly 20 year career at mainline..
tick-tock..
Answered above. You are asking questions that have no reliable answer. The volatility is so great that any predictions beyond 3-4 years is just crazy.

When I decided to come here four years ago people said this airline was going under and it would take 8 years to upgrade.

Sorry for the bad news but unless you want to go to LGA for 2-4 years then id go somewhere else.