Thread: DTW Base ?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 08:34 PM
BusterBust
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by FLYBOYMATTHEW View Post
To say that only 20% benefit from the current transition language is completely misguided. If I have a transition trip drop, and don't pick up on top of the drop, where does the flying go? I'm already paid for the trip, and I get to stay home for 9-10 days. That trip is covered by someone else that wants to make extra money at 100-200% or improve their schedule, or it keeps a RSV pilot employed or in their seat. Whether you can consistently hold a transition conflict or not, the language greatly benefits everyone on property.
Well in accuracy, I said that 20% will "get a conflict," you said benefit. I used the 20% because this is the data provided by the union.

Lets not conflate two things by saying it benefits everyone because of the trickle down. That wasn't the topic, the topic was people who bid and receive a conflict transition and receive the benefits of free pay/extra days off.

The "butterfly flaps its wings" theory on conflict, helping all, could also be used to say "All that open time results in more open time vs reserve coverage, causing more red days, and not allowing our pilots to ever be able to drop days at the front of the month."

The guys that slay the conflict system each month with those perfect 6 day drops have a great thing going. But not everyone wants to spend every month trying to find that last 2 day trip to stack up a conflict for this month, and then try and bid a conflict line the next month. A lot of us just want to bid a line, fly our line, and get paid a fair wage, and not spend our lives living off the conflict game.