Thread: DTW Base ?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 11:05 AM
Qotsaautopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by Macjet View Post
That doesn't answer the question of how PBS only benefits the top but somehow line bidding doesn't.

Thank you for not saying a 'mute' point.

I don't have a problem giving the company more efficiency as long as we're compensated for our fair share of that. Southwest employs 13 pilots per airframe and we employ 18 (round numbers). That level of inefficiency with our current ask isn't good for the long term health of Spirit nor for our continued employment. I want Spirit competitive. I want us lean. And I want us able to compete against our peers because this is the horse I've hitched my wagon to. Correcting our staffing inefficiency in a growth period is the best way we can swallow this pill as there wouldn't be any furloughs and any delay in upgrade will actually benefit us as the new hires we have now will not be ready to upgrade anytime soon.

I'll grant them efficiency improvements in exchange for industry standard pay, rigs, retirement, scope, and LTD. I think it's a fair proposition.

I’m not going to tell you if you should sell your relative seniority or not but you sure as heck don’t sell it cheap. And their current offer is no where even close. I know you know this. I just hope we all know that the relative seniority loss could have implications a decade from now and may not be as simple as just delayed upgrade for some. You’re right a growth period is the best time for the immediate effects of seniority stagnation. The long run lower relative seniority effects are unknown but in this industry we all know more is better for every single thing but pay which is longevity based