View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 07:24 AM
GuppyPuppy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: JetRight, JetLeft

Originally Posted by whyvee View Post
Been following these threads for a while as I consider JB. I work for "the worst" regional, and even there, I help out the pax. Maybe motivated by a "we're all in this together" attitude? Anyway, say I were a JB pilot. It would be bad if I were to help the pax? That's confusing to me, because isn't that JB's thing? Does this forum represent the prevailing attitude on the line at JB? If you had a new contract, would it be ok to help the passengers then?

For example, people in wheelchairs get screwed over by the airlines because the contractors in charge of that stuff are under staffed and poorly run so, sometimes, I'll go get the wheelchair to move things along. This might be because I want to move on to my next flight or because I just feel bad for them. Especially the elderly. This isn't really considered a taboo thing to do at my regional. Just being a fellow human. This is bad to do at JB?

Another example: After a flight, I'll probably cross a few seatbelts. The FAs may have offered me food, so it's something I can do to help them out in return. They also may be my friends, and we might hang out later, or maybe I just want to have a friendly trip and get along with everyone. Also bad at JB?

I sometimes take left items to the gate agent as well. Passports, wallets, iPads...sucks to lose that stuff. Bad?
The thing is that the company will suck all your compassion right out of you, little by little.

The big problem now is that more and more pilots have their GAS meters pegged at or below zero. The longer the company drags out contract negotiations, the more pilots get to a point of no return. Their GAS meters will be permanently damaged. That would be bad news for a company that prides itself on customer relations.

Contract Above All.

Gup