View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 11:56 AM
E6BAV8R
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Default Commute and Scheduling

Hey All,

I'm interested in PSA and have an interview coming up this month, but I have a few questions for those that work there on what they think of my situation, and what they might do.

My fiancee and I are moving out east and currently planning on living in Atlanta, so I'm aiming for the Charlotte base. Does anyone commute this currently? How is it? With the SAP program at PSA, would I be able to make this commute pretty easy? With the SAP program I could just attempt to bid trips that don't leave extremely early in the morning, so that I wouldn't have to travel up the night before? What about as a new-hire (with very high seniority)? I suppose I could drive to Charlotte if I absolutely needed to, occasionally. The commuter hotel allowance is nice and would be something I too would use if I have a very early morning show and have to commute up the night before, or would people advise just getting a crash pad until I get enough seniority to hold a line? How would you sit reserve in this situation?

I really don't want to commute but I'm hoping that commute wouldn't be too bad. I would live in Charlotte but my fiancee's work is much better in Atlanta. I also have an interview with SkyWest, that has an Atlanta base, but being that they don't offer any form of a flow agreement to any airline, I think PSA is the wiser choice - unless there is something I'm missing from the SkyWest side? The Atlanta base is attractive but I also wonder how long it will be there, since SkyWest is a primarily west coast carrier.

I apologize for the basic questions, but I'm presently in the 135 world and haven't ever been on the 121 side.