View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 12:24 AM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

More bourbon is rarely wrong if you aren't driving or flying soon...

That said...relax...you won. You hung on, and now you've got the seniority and a rebounding industry to enjoy for a while.

Here's my synopsis....

A fighter pilot looks in the mirror and says "who da man?" The answer: "YOU da man!"

An airline pilot looks in the a mirror and says "Who da man?" The answer: "Sully IS the man. But if Sully ain't captain--then YOU da man!"

A corporate guy looks in the mirror and says "Who da man?" The answer: "The man is back 8 feet behind the curtain. You picked up his dry cleaning for him on the way to the FBO..."

Not everyone is built for corporate. I know some guys who have done the job and done very well. I also know some who left killer jobs for big name Part 91 owners to go fly for Jetblue or SWA...because they'd rather drive a bus and "be the man". May sound silly--but I darn sure like being an airline captain. I'd pick up cans or bottles to feed my family if I needed to, but given the choice I think there are very, very few jobs that give you the time off and autonomy we have in our career. I'll take a ****ty hub turn now and then over living on a beeper anyday.