Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 01:07 PM
Virga show
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by fatman View Post
I'm an FO in Miami. I'm a line holder but my line sucks ass. A bunch of two day trips mashed together. Perfect if I live in base but it's a two leg commute or fly to an airport over an hour away and drive home. Either way, it's a hassle. For the second time in a week, I got displaced off my normal trip. Of course they will look for flying. I've gotten day one off both times, but a turn early morning on day two is the only flying they find. Too early too commute so I have to come they day before. With my commute, I essentially have to leave me house at noon to ensure there are two flights. I've sent the messages to drop the trip but I'm always told they can't due to staffing limitations.
This time particularly, I know is BS. They took a turn off of a 4 day trip which is now broken up for the reserve guys to feast upon. Since it didn't return to Miami, they added a handful of deadheads to be able to offer it broken up. I just know the reserve guy who picks it up will in fact be legal to fly the trip as originally published(with the turn they gave me included). So the notion that staffing is limited that much is ridiculous.
But now I have to spend over a day in commuting and hotels to fly 1.45 hrs.
Kinda ranting here because its happened twice in six days, but any suggestions on where to get the lube needed to handle this much girth?
Just spread your cheeks as wide as possible and don’t hold your breath they like to use sandpaper for lube at CS