Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 08:50 AM
highfarfast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by LineUpAndPay View Post
You must also call after your first missed attempt and Crew Scheduling may just A pass you. But just like the poster above said, it is good faith, don't screw it for everyone else
Man, didn’t know that. I guess I got lucky. The only time I’ve had to use the commuter policy, I did call after my first attempt because I was certain I wouldn’t get on the second one. A captain and his FO, both senior to me, got released before their deadhead back to reduce the risk of being extended. I was commuting for OT. Both flights fully booked and both jumpseats now taken.

As far as how I’ve been doing it, I aways book with two options without regard to loads. I don’t try to wait until the last minute to checkin but I’m not really trying to checkin right at 24 hours either. I book the flights when I remember to at a time it’s convenient for me to do so, if that’s within 24 hours, I check in then. If not, I wait until it’s within 24 hrs but I don’t set a reminder to hit it right on the nose.

If I was getting close to using up the limits of the policy I might try a little harder to be perfect but, again, only needed it once so far.