Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 07:36 AM
3EngineTaxi
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by new guy View Post
Been absent for some time from the forums, but please correct me if I've read the last few hundred post incorrectly. As a military pilot looking to move into the commercial world, I interviewed at several regionals this past summer. Couldn't start because the army changed their minds on when I could get out. Either way, I'm approaching a separation point again and am trying to catch up. Tell me if I'm wrong regarding the following ;

1) new hire numbers have increased and per contract language, flow to ******* should have increased as well, but hasn't.

2) there's such a shortage of CA that people over 1k are being forced into CA positions (this can't be true?)

3) upon involuntary upgrade, you also run the risk of being sent/assigned to another domicile for home base?

4) I haven't seen anyone listing/discussing reserve/line holding times for NHs dependent upon the base. I've been able to find those numbers on both the ******** and *** forums. Any chance someone here has them?

As someone looking at the regionals with inexperienced eyes, I can tell you that issues 1-3, if true, are non-starters for many of my peers and I. We understand that we'll be cogs in a different machine than the one we have been, but after years of not having choices, doing as your told, etc, none of us are looking for a second career that's more of the same.
1. Correct, flow seems to be a disappointment.

2. Yes, it is true.

3. Yes

4. I don't know.