Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 10:35 AM
bigtime209
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by OldBiff View Post
Regionals are all about location, location, location. You’re an RTP dude that wants to be in NYC Envoy is the place to be for a few reasons.
- Never commute to a regional.
- NYC seniority is low so a line will come quickly which is important since you’ll be here for a few years getting hours.
- There is a flow, not just a preferential interview. Between your battle buddies, networking, and the penchant for military dudes at airlines you’ll likely get a “preffered” interview anyway before your flow date.

We’ve chewed some of the same dirt so I’m going to give it to you straight:
Disregard most of what you read here on QOL, QOL here is lacking compare to most of the other competitive regionals“lies” aka the wording in the contract, and the like. You’re used to much, much worse in all regards.
I’ve also yet to actually speak to someone who was “afraid” to upgrade, Are you a CA that flies with junior FOs? Because I fly with junior FOs all the time that says they're simply not ready to move to the left seat with only a few months on property. but lots of Senior FOs that likes bidding reserve, chilling at home, flying occasionally, and getting the lines they want.
I’m by no means a company guy, Could've fooled me but some of these folks are just candy asses. Interview everywhere just for practice, make the best decision for you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^