Thread: C Series Info
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 12:04 AM
TED74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by FL370esq View Post
Absolutely nothing wrong with that because DL (and, by extension, the FAA) only expects you to know enough to pass the eSV and oral (recall items, limitations and walk-around slides). However, you have quite succinctly illustrated the difference in mentality between a professional and an hourly wage earner.
That's fair.

I know plenty of folks who want this job to be more than the blue collar job it is (IMHO). Been there / done that elsewhere. It definitely pays better than most... but we are, after all, hourly wage earners. Delta continually reminds me of that in ways aplenty.

And believe it or not, I really am curious why people are reading it. If it's just for the personal fulfillment that comes from in-depth knowledge of how a machine works, that's one thing (and I'll pass - too much I don't know about the rest of the world). If it's to learn something they should have learned in training... that will effect a safer operation... shouldn't we move to make it required reading? I've trusted the system that tells me I don't need to know anything in there; am I wrong?