Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 05:39 AM
PiperPilot03
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by bigtime209 View Post
Are you sure about that? He should displace into whatever his seniority can hold, regardless of what the preference bids look like. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in this hypothetical situation they will run the preference bids first, then run the displacements. At which point the senior guy that gets displaced would bump out a junior guy that was just awarded on the preference bid.
My understanding is that that senior FO in his scenario would not be able to hold the CRJ.

I've talked to the union about this and I was told that first they will run the vacancy. After that they will see how many unfilled seats there are. They will then see if there are any guys that put a preference to displace in for any of those unfilled seats. Then do the inverse seniority displacement to fill the rest of those unfilled seats. I was told they only look at the unfilled seats when they are doing the displacement.

I'm a senior FO myself who would like to remain an FO. The union told me they believe the top 50 FOs will be safe in this displacement but my numbers tell me otherwise. Because of the way this displacement works, I'm being forced to bid for the vacancy because I don't want to change planes or base.

I feel bad for all the really senior FOs. If this gets all the way up to them, they won't want to bid the vacancy because of the 1 year seat lock for flow. It's possible they could be forced to a different plane or base.