View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 05:06 PM
highnpressurizd
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Remember that there is aircraft certification and pilot certification. Just because an aircraft is certified for single pilot operations, does not mean that an SIC is not required. IF your Captains do not have the single pilot type, then you are a required crew member, and the time is legit. If you do a small bit of research on the CJ type ratings, you should find a difference between what's printed on the certificate in the case of SP certification. A few years ago, when I was a low time Metro Capt. flying pax, my certificate said "SA227" and an additional note that said "SIC Required" under limitations (if I remember correctly). During recurrent, I subsequently took the "SP" check ride and had the SIC Required limitation removed. Before that, any FO could log SIC time with me in a "Single Pilot" airplane, after that, the FO had to be required (IFR no autopilot, carrying pax etc...) if he wanted to log it. Bottom line, no SP type = SIC required regardless of operation. Hope that helps.

Note: This only applies to a/c that require a type rating so I wouldn't recommend logging the King Air Time (90 or 200).