View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 04:45 PM
155mm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by TheRoboFighter View Post
AQP training is not designed for rusty/ not current pilots. Attrition rates in training are steadily rising at the majors.
Do you have a source for that data? Are the "attrition rates in training" coming from the Majors hiring "rusty/ not current" pilots? What is the background of the folks getting hired in your statement? Former Regional AQP trained pilots? I doubt the Majors have gotten to the bottom of the barrel that they are hiring "rusty/ not current" pilots! Although I'm sure the Regionals are.

In addition, I'm pretty sure Appendix E and H (ass on fire) training programs had higher failure rates compared to this (LOFT type) AQP paradigm. From my experience, AQP is a much easier program not only for initial but re-currency training as well. AQP is certainly more realistic versus a multiple system failures approach to training until you are so overloaded you either swim or drown. So yes, I disagree, I believe a "rusty, non current pilot" can get through an AQP program especially if they have the experience this OP has but I don't believe a Major will hire him or her at this point, only a Regional.

Last edited by 155mm; 01-03-2018 at 05:07 PM.