View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 08:42 AM
155mm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by TheRoboFighter View Post
The data I have (for only one of the majors) is less than 1% attrition in 15 then it jumped to a little over 2% in 16. I don’t have the numbers for 17. However a majority of failed rides and training extensions were to prior military. I don’t have the exact percentage for that. Last discussion I was privileged to was whether there is a correlation between military hires who were turbine current vs. those whos last hours were in SE piston. Just food for thought.
Interesting! AQP training is all about data. it's also a train to proficiency program. From my understanding the data is collected and used to develop future curriculum. If the data shows pilots are having no issues with steep turns, you may not do steep turns on the next cycle and they will focus on trouble areas.

Rumor is, airlines like Delta have been able to shorten the 4 hour sim block to 3:45 for better optimization although that extra 15 minutes could have been used for training to proficiency and re-evaluation for a small minority. They realize not everyone is going to make the mark with the reduced sim time but apparently the bean counters say its cheaper to give a few pilots a repeat of that entire "stage of training" than to require every pilot to have more sim time.