View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 11:15 AM
CBreezy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by WhiskeyDelta View Post
DALPA has told us that this scenario is a flat out violation of 117. According to them, even your jetway example isn’t legal.

The bottom line here is that notification of additional flying has to be given prior to the brakes being set. At that moment the expectation to fly is over and, therefore, another 10 hour rest period must occur before anything flying.

We have open time *****s at Delta. They will do anything to get more straight or premium pay. Don’t you think if your line of thinking was correct that they would be pushing ALPA to correct their stance?

So far, nothing in this thread has convinced me that ALPA is wrong. This doesn’t pass the sniff test to me. As always, I’ll admit when I’m wrong but I’m not there just yet.
Then DALPA is wrong. The letter is a legal interpretation from the FAA. It's settled and no matter what DALPA says, the FAA LOI takes precedence.

From the LOI:if the certificate holder intends or may intend to use the flightcrew member for another flight or further aircraft movement, the certificate holder may do so by holding the pilot on duty with the FDP clock running, making necessary adjustments based on any assignments to ensure that the pertinent FDP limits are not violated. If he is met at the gate or told at the DH at his flight that he is now operating it, outside of any CBA restrictions, this is 100% legal. Not liking it and not being legal are different things