View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 04:02 PM
havick206
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Cristian17 View Post
Hello, I had couple questions and looking for some advise in choosing a an FO position. I have an offer from Compass and Envoy to start this January. I have lots of family in Phx and really considering living here because of the base Compass just opened. Living would be much easier(FINANCIALLY) and no commute really. If i go with Envoy has flow and id be living in Chicago or New York by looking at my seniority class pick. (as well REALLY EXPENSIVE LIVING). What do you guys think? thanks.
How likely is a new hire at compass to be awarded PHX out of training? If not right out of training then how long?

Either way you will be commuting at Envoy whether it’s initially to the east coast DFW at some point.

How stable is Compass being a contract only airline (ie not being wholly owned by a major)? Just a little food for thought.

Personally if I were in your shoes I would go compass to live in base at home and save cash and drive to work.

Both are reasonable options but Compass would most likely afford you a better lifestyle while doing your time in a regional, assuming they don’t lose a base or aircraft.