Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 12:42 PM
FullThrust
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by 3EngineTaxi View Post
There seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding flow-through, especially for new hires. Here is some information:

-Flow is currently about 12 years (2006 hires are in line next).

-It appears flow MAY drop to 11 years by early 2019 (2008 hires) and possibly 9 years by summer 2019 (2010 hires).

-A lucky select few hired from summer 2015 - early 2016 may see a sub-6 year flow-through. For folks hired the end of 2016 and beyond, wait times should steadily increase.

-A new hire today will probably wait at least 9 years. I'm not sure if folks are still being told "6 years," but that does not appear possible for someone hired today.

-Per the contract, flow-through is scheduled to dramatically slow for folks hired after October 2011, and it slows even more after 2014 hires.

-These are likely best-case scenarios, as flow is currently less than the required 50 percent, and mainline routinely goes several months each year with ZERO new hire classes; this by definition frequently pauses the flow. I'm guessing that the projections listed here are wildly optimistic, and it will probably take longer for most.

These are my personal opinions and not the opinions of any entity or employer.
Trying to predict something more than 3 years out in this industry is a guess at best. A lot can happen (both positive and negative) between now and then. I agree we should be trying to flow as many as possible to AA and not meter, but trying to put a number on years of flow is not very productive.