View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 10:04 PM
Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Kickin’ Back

Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
If reserve coverage is a problem then you can't PD. If you want to drop the trip use the APD for a single day and then WS around that APD. Most likely your best bet is APD the 1st or last day of the trip depending what's available. You will not be paid for this trip nor do I think you can put PB days on top of any APD days.

If you can PD, then call CS and have them put PB days on top of days you'd like to be paid. You can fly on top of TOFF.

If you have vacation remaining then you can use up to 3 IVDs which act exactly like an APD except you are paid. IVDs run immediately before APDs so they potentially have a higher chance of dropping a trip than an APD.
I understand all of that. I have 7 PB days from last year. In a perfect world, I would PD the trip, call crew scheduling and use 3 days to cover it. Then whiteslip the same trip, PD it again and use 3 more days. The trip is worth 21 hours so now I would be at 42 hours using 6 days. I then PD a HKG trip that on day one is worth 14+ hours. I'm now at 56+ hours for 7 days. I then actually fly one 4 day HKG trip. I only fly 4 days for February and get paid for 82.5 hours. Like I said, in a perfect world. So far, the world is far from perfect but it has potential.........

Problem is there is next to nothing in open time so I have very little to work with this month.

The question is..............since APD would no longer be on my schedule even though I used it (because TOFF takes its place), can I pick up a trip over the day used for APD? I suspect so but was wondering if anyone has tried it. I'm gonna give the regular PD awhile longer and see what happens. Just thinking about what I'm going to do if it doesn't drop by the 31st........

Denny