Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 04:47 AM
highfarfast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by inevitableneb View Post
Could someone explain how Carry over trips work? Specifically if you trade into a carry-over trip, how is a conflict resolved on the following month? How is it paid?
Paid: The part of the trip that is flown in the next month is paid with next months flying, not this month. So if you trade a wholey this month trip to one that has carry over, you're placing some of this month's pay on next month (your check for the current month will be smaller and the check for next month will be bigger).

Conflict: I'm new to the conflict game but have been reading the contract and this is how I understand it.

-IF you select Yes for the transition option, you give CS the option of adjusting the last three days of the current month's schedule and the first four days of next month's schedule if you have conflicting sequences. If flying is dropped for legality (such as a 7 day conflict), you will be paid for the dropped flying. If trips are dropped simply due to conflicting schedule (flights at the same time), you'll only be paid for what you fly. This last part seems contrary to what I keep being told by those I fly with though. Everyone tells me you get paid for both sequences but that's not what I see in the contract.

-IF you do NOT select Yes for the transition option, you will fly the full trip that starts this month and pick up your schedule for next month after that and any necessary adjustments to your schedule will be made to the flying that happens on next month's schedule. You will not be paid for flights dropped due to legality though.