View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 03:00 PM
HighFlight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Answers below. No matter where I wanted to end up as my “final resting place” career-wise, I would come to EDV again. And recommend it to my friends whom I care about on a regular basis.

Originally Posted by fenix1
If a pilot sought a career with Delta as their destination/career airline, is Endeavor - as Delta's wholly-owned carrier - the worst possible regional they could work for?My opinion is that EDV is the BEST regional to work for currently. Hands down, the best. (Caveat - right now)

My theory is that the progressively-deepening pilot shortage is driving the major/legacy airlines to create "systems" in which they can manage the pilots (i.e., balance between regional & mainline) as they see fit to do as much cheap flying as possible, so - in flow/agreement scenarios with a wholly-owned regional - pilots who are part of the wholly-owned regional won't get to the mainline carrier as fast as they would by applying from outside the "system." Thoughts??
There is logic behind this thought process. Why would a company take their cheap labor and double or triple their pay? Unless it is part of a contract they are bound to honor, it makes no fiscal sense. But, if you continue to screw your regional pilots by not hiring them after several years of cheap labor, some will stay because they are resigned to their fate, but the driven ones will seek opportunities elsewhere where they are appreciated (paid more) for their particular skill set.

I have no Part 121 experience so I would love nothing more than for the folks who have done some turns to correct me if this is a bad/incorrect way of thinking.