View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 03:31 PM
pete2800
Works Every Weekend

Joined APC: Apr 2006

Originally Posted by snackysmores View Post
A Horizon pilot and Skywest pilot (or from anywhere else to be fair) show up to interview on the same day. Both are offered CJOs. The Skywest pilot gets an immediate class date and the red carpet rolled out for him, while the Horizon pilot must surrender all records and be deemed worthy in order to continue. The Skywest pilot is in class 2 weeks later building seniority while the horizon pilot has to sit in a pool for almost a year before being allowed to start.
This is the part that management still fails to understand.

With that said, here's some info I have about the pathways program... So far there have been quite a few people interview for it, and the success rate is over 90%. No idea when those people start going to class, how senior they are, or what people did to get rejected. I suppose more info will become available as things progress. My opinion thus far is that it's probably a good opportunity for those senior enough to be toward the top of the pool, but for a new hire I wouldn't call it a big advantage. By the time a new hire was senior enough to see any impact, I'm sure this program will have been modified to be something else completely.