View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 04:08 PM
TheWeatherman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by fr8mover2018 View Post
Looking at applying to the Regionals. I'm still trying to get my career going.

Can anyone share what to expect from your ATP CTP course?

Would I have to pay myself?
How are the ATP CTP courses set up?
How are the Instructors? Are they Republic pilots or are they young CFI's ?

Do they help with the ATP written ? Was it beneficial or do you recommend going anywhere and doing the written first before applying to Republic?

Thank you in advance.
Republic pays, gives you travel to IND, and pays for your hotel. However, if you wash out of training you will owe back the $4 - 5K the course costs. The instructor we had was great. A retired AF test pilot and then Fedex pilot. Did everything under the sun and has had every experience.

THE CTP COURSE DOES NOT PREPARE YOU FOR THE WRITTEN. This is the second thread created today on the subject and not sure where this misinformation comes from. The CTP course is a federally mandated course created after the Colgan accident and its main purpose is to teach CRM and risk management. You will also learn some of the stuff that is on the ATP like high speed aerodynamics etc., but you will need to get yourself a test prep program like Sheppard Air to help you study. Due to the large number of questions (well north of 1000), give yourself 3 weeks or so before the start of CTP to start studying.

The cool thing about Republic is that if you do CTP in house, you will be sent to the ERJ170 SIMS for the SIM portion. This was a huge help once I started training at Republic because I already had 16 hours of experience in the aircraft.

At the end of your CTP, Republic will get a testing slot for you and pay for your exam. It is usually scheduled two days after your last CTP SIM session.