View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 06:44 AM
chrisreedrules
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by SEPfield View Post
That’s because of the terrible reserve rules. At least at PSA. I was a street captain at PSA and I left because it was a horrible qol commuting to airport standby. I came to GoJet as a street captain where all reserve is initially 12hr call out, they convert 2 blocks of days to 2hr call out, and rarely use airport reserve (I’ve never had it) The only reason I haven’t left for Endeavor is because I don’t want to go to a pure short call reserve schedule again.

Now Envoy has this “High Value Aviator” program and are offering $45k. For what?! So I can waste my life commuting to reserve and airport standby? F That! If we are such High Value aviators then you would think they would want us to fly.

If the wholly owners need captains, the need to revise their reserve rules and then maybe they wouldn’t have to cram upgrades down people’s throats. If they want me then I’m gonna need that $45k and a line at least 10 months out of the year.
I’m curious... You knew the contract and reserve rules before applying at PSA (I would hope). So why were you surprised when you got the job you applied for? And then to GoJet? Gotta say, odd decisions.