View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by Bizkit View Post
I asked this over at Baseops.net as well, but I'd like as much info as I can gather. I'll be retiring at 20 yrs from the AF in the summer of 2019. Right now my apps all say late February for availability, which I calculated by taking 20 days PTDY, my expected leave at the end of this FY, and the leave I'll accure up to my retirement date.

I know this is the most conservative method. I had a Delta buddy tell me to use that date, as they're sticklers, and if they offer you something earlier that you can't make, you'll be terminated. I also talked to a Southwest buddy who indicated they'll work with retirees on availability because they know all the admin stuff that must be done prior to a final out. He made it seem like after you're hired, they'll ask what works best with your situation.

It seems like everyone I talk to has a different opinion on how to list your availability date. So, what's the opinion of this board? I don't have a target airline, plan on applying to all majors and FedEx/UPS.
Availability date = Terminal leave start date.