Thread: Bonuses
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 07:37 PM
sqwkvfr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by wette460 View Post
You're right, the company has many other things operationally that they need to invest in...but they haven't. They have stalled in the contractual CBA requirements regarding a suitable PBS system, our pay software is a complete joke and our training department is not exactly the shining beacon of the industry (not saying that those people in the training department aren't great guys, because they are...its who they have to answer to that is the problem).

I have yet to see clear and time sensitive solutions to these problems. And until I see them, then my operational considerations are going to reflect that. The company has decided that ambiguous metrics should be the sole criteria for your contractual profit sharing check. They are taking money out of your pocket by doing that. Remember that when you make your operational considerations.

I agree with every single one of your points...more than you know.

That being said, cutting me a $1000 check that wasn’t promised and isn’t owed will not help...one bit.

My issue is with people biatching about not getting what has been referring to on this very thread as a “meaningless,” arbitrary and unearned bonus. Someone said it was about “respect.” Please! Tell me that these same people wouldn’t be complaining about the disrespectful nature of a measly grand as a tax cut bonus.

It seems as if ecam, et all, are just pulling things out of their ass to biatch about. It’s tiring and I hate working with miserable people.

For those of you saying that the FAs, etc., coulld use the money; I don’t disagree...but the last time I checked, these were the AIRLINE PILOT Central forums...don’t try to change the subject when you find yourself backed into the corner.