View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 02:46 PM
wt93205
Hold my beer, watch this.

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: Airbus Pilot

Originally Posted by otter1 View Post
Well we've been demanding stuff for a couple years now.

I think everyone needs to do the math. If we vote this down, a 5 year captain will be losing over $5000/month, and many captains will be around that number if you just use 72 hours/month.

A 2 year f/o will be losing over 2700/month.

No one knows how long it would take for another TA and if there would be any gains or just a few tweaks and/or more trade-offs. We don't know if we'd need new negotiators, or how long the NMB (who is not on our side) will put us on a shelf. Three months? Two years?

One thing I've learned in my career with 2 major layoffs-you take the money when you can, because it may not be there down the road.

This isn't a perfect T/A but we've got a bird in the hand.
I guess that is as good as any reason to just roll over and take whatever they give you. You are right. You would lose all that money if you voted no because you wouldn't want to burden the company with forcing them to pay retro for the additional time. You are so nice. Did you know Southwest is making 258 an hour plus 14.2 percent plus a nice 11.3 percent profit sharing check? Huh. They are so lucky they were just given that...