View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 06:22 PM
FliFast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: I was acquired, Not Hired

Originally Posted by S80 Dude View Post
Hey FliFast:

Why the hell would you come back to AA? You make more money, your job is ALOT more stable, you don't have to deal with pax or flight attendants. If you are so set in coming back can I trade with you? Trust me as one who is on this side of the hill, stay at at UPS, your life and career will be a whole lot better.
S80,

Thank you for your advice on my career. As objectively as I can answer your subjective question.

1. I have paid my dues at the office to come back to work in STL and fly with my former TWA-ers.

2. I am at UPS, and unless your are also at UPS commuting to ANC, I'm not sure I can validate how well you know the working conditions at Big Brown.

3. A lot more stable, I thought when AMR bought the assets of TWA life would be stable. Would you like me to name the three airlines I've worked for after my furlough from American ?? In simple terms, that was two trips to the unemployment line....I think stable in this industry is a fluctuating pipe dream.

4. Why the hell would I come back to American ? To bring my expertise to an airline that refers to me as a hot dog vendor to prove them wrong.

5. I make more money. First year pay at UPS is $33.33/hr. I would return to American at 9th year pay. Will that be less ? We both know the answer.

In summary, thanks for your advice, but I have more than earned the right to choose my career path after it was pre-choosen for me 6 years ago.

Ya can't get rid of the red infection (as one NAAtive called us) that easily.

Now back to the question..how will the subtle variables I mentioned above affect recalls/hiring...variable like deferals, mil leave etc. Thank you.

Tailwinds,

FF