Thread: Hiring rumors
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 01:44 PM
havick206
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Azorian View Post
I could see a 4 month or 6 month hiring freeze on FOs while doing everything in your power to soak up HVAs perhaps.

i dunno. seems strange.
It’s simple math given the email R.W. sent out showing the proposed expansion of lines if the rumors above of hiring freeze are true.

They need more captains in order to staff the expansion of lines.

They’ve pretty much tapped out the forced upgrades in-house, there will only be a slow trickle of FO’s hitting upgrade requirements. Just guessing here, but it’s pribably not high enough rate to meet the rate of proposed expansion shown in R.W’s email late last year.

Most likely if there is in fact a hiring freeze (as per the rumors above), they’ll only be picking up the cadets and RTP guys until they can even out the Captain side of the house.

I wonder how long until the HVA candidate pool dries up? My guess is they banked on a lot more people jumping at the $45k signing bonus than have actually shown interest or come on board. I personally know of 5 guys that interviewed and went to EDV instead (2 of which were referrals), makes financial sense for them given the hourly rates.

Also don’t forget the 25 or so CA’s per month flowing off the top.