Thread: Hiring rumors
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 07:00 AM
Whiskey4
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011

Originally Posted by SFA320 View Post
It sounds like chasing off 1500 guys 2.5-3 years ago is really biting them in the rear now. I know a lot of 3-8 year FOs that found greener pastures during that timeframe. I
I’m still not convinced that had much to do with Envoy management. It was amazing to watch the turn around following Scott Kirby’s departure from, and Robert Isom’s rise into the President role...Night and day difference for Envoy. One minute concessions are being demanded, we are being threatened with “Comair II”, and we shed 1500+ pilots. Next they are handing out bonuses, adding commuter hotels, and hiring like crazy. Envoy execs like Pedro have always been very pro-Envoy and very pro-growth...I can only guess that Kirby’s reign was rough for them. AAG appeared to be pulling the strings hard back then (hell, we couldn’t even negotiate with our own management, but rather an AAG hired gun). I think the current AAG strategy under Isom is letting them maneuver a bit. So, now we are watching Envoy management trying to reclaim everything that was lost and return to the “good old days” of American Eagle (regarding airline size).