Old 02-17-2018, 10:22 AM
Whiskey4
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011

Originally Posted by SEPfield View Post
None.

The point is that most experienced captains that would qualify for the HVA program are already senior enough at their airline that they are holding, or in my case close to holding at 14 day off line with at least some commutable trips.

The amount of money being offed by the HVA program is not nearly enough to offset the huge decrease in quality of life we would take by becoming a LGA ready reserve on the 145
Wait...your argument is that people with just over 1,000 hours of 121 time are currently holding 14 day off commutable lines as a captain at their current airline?

Do you think Envoy management is thinking that commutable, line holding CAs at other airlines are just going to flock over? Doubt it. They are likely targeting the Ca-qualified FOs at airlines with slow upgrades, people who are unhappy with their regional, etc. I don’t think they believe the high QOL people will suddenly lateral. The people we’ve seen doing that are generally folks who are disillusioned (or just plain angry) from not passing the guaranteed interview with EDV/Delta and United’s CPP. I talked to a fairly sharp person who switched after failing he CPP interview, but finding out that a CFI from Lufthansa was hired through the CPP with no jet or airline experience. They are planning to keep apps updated all over, but they decided that the flow insurance policy was nice to have. To each their own, right?

Also, the LGA ready reserve argument is being overplayed. It’s not untrue in terms of the likelihood that one will find themselves holding that post for a bit. However, with lineholding projected to be available in about a year for MIA and ORD (and just after that for LGA), there shouldn’t be anyone sitting ready or even being in LGA for more than a reasonably short stint.

Anyone who has been around Envoy for 6+ months and was rapidly upgraded after coming to Envoy want to comment on their current status? I would be curious to see how many folks in that column believe they are or will be trapped on eternal ready reserve in NY.