Thread: First year pay
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 06:31 PM
FTFFv2
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Ray Kinsella View Post
... they can make more than $300k with good schedules. By good schedules I mean they can conflict bid and maximize pay with minimal work in many areas.
Largely a game restricted to uber senior in seat. Certainly not the experience of mean. Definitely not the experience of the new. Most of us at the bottom are lucky to conflict training with a day of work, if any at all.

As for your retort, look, you can do a math example of averages and G500 can speculate on his year 2 earnings, but Boiler and I are in that demographic and are reporting our actual experiences. I was expecting 200K easily like G550 was. I fly quite a bit of international, average 80’s per PP, and get more LAP and premiums than most of my peers. Didn’t break it even factoring in the signing bonus. None of the classmates I talked to nor guys around my seniority responded that they had when I asked recently. Yeah, some guys and gals will bank some serious coin but a lot of guys never get late arrival pay and rarely see any premiums, nor do they pickup extra flying, cash back sick time (which you can’t do until what, 3 yrs anyway...?), or sell back vacay, much less conflict bid. The TA slides they put out before the C2016 vote had pay estimates for each year of the contract for each seat. IMHO, the average line pay column (middle one, not average total pay) seems pretty accurate to what most guys I’ve talked to on either seat are actually seeing for gross earnings on their final December paycheck. It is basically 1000 x hourly rate + some spare change. I’ve been a straight shooter of my experiences on these forums and this is no different. If most year 2-4 year guys are breaking 200K then there is a club I’ve not been invited too.

For the other issue at hand, I’m not one who deserves to be commenting on of the content of others’ posts but dissing new hires on a public forum aimed at new hires is in pretty bad form. Perhaps leave it for the B&G? Or maybe not as the new guys read it. Yeah, yeah, snowflake safe place BS- what about class and respect? Just sayin...