Old 02-20-2018, 01:14 PM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by RebelHeloPilot View Post
Hello,
I am a Military Helo pilot transitioning to the airlines in the next year. 10 years ago I was charged with a DUI that was amended to Negligent Driving in the 1st Degree. I am in the process of getting the conviction vacated/expunged.

My question is: Does it matter that it is vacated/expunged? I know I will have to answer for the "arrested for offense related to DUI" or "administrative actions." How assuredly will this prevent me from getting a job at a major/legacy carrier after the regionals? (It was in 2008).

Background: I was an ROTC Cadet and made a stupid mistake 10 years ago thinking I was okay to drive. I blew a .089. I have since had a successful career in the Army including a flight company command and top secret security clearance. I have kept my record clean ever since.

Thank you for your honest, candid feedback! Just trying to find the best way to take care of my family and enjoy the one life we get on this rock.

-Rebel Helo Pilot.
[email protected]
Currenrly at AAs Wholly Owned regionals it is 5 years from DUI charge adjudication before you can start Indoc. If you’re looking at a military transition program with one of the regionals It won’t be a deal breaker. If you’ve got a competitive fixed wing background, a 10 year old DUI downgraded conviction likely won’t be a deal breaker.