View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 05:40 AM
Falcondrivr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

I’m glad doing what we all probably think is the right thing worked out! There are some good operators out there.

Just for fun here’s a story from my past:
I was working for a guy here in Tampa flying his really nice Navajo on a retainer/contract basis. I also flew a C90B for a 135 outfit part time. I received an offer from Ring Power (bid Caterpillar dealer) for a full time gig in their 350.
I told the Navajo guy that I was offered the new job and would be leaving for school in a couple of weeks. I had arranged for another contractor (one he really liked) to cover the trips while I was in 350 school. I also had gotten permission from Ring to continue to fly his airplane while helping him find and vet my replacement. I told him this on the outbound leg of a day trip.
While on the day layover, I received a call from the CP at Ring saying that he just got a call from the boss and my offer had been rescinded. He had no idea why. My Navajo guy shows up to go home and on the leg back tells me I’m fired.
Did I mention he was buddies with the owner of Ring? He later bragged to the guy who replaced me that he “fixed me” and that I’d never work in Tampa again. I found out years later that he called the owner at Ring and they decided to screw me together.
I will say that it was fun parking my 900EX next to his Navajo and waving a friendly “Hi Don! How’ve you been?” About a year later on the ramp...