View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 08:06 PM
zippinbye
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: 320/A

Originally Posted by Bert Sampson View Post
Or sold via scope carveouts but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, if your point is that I should have been doing that flying at the mainline (BTW I am flying the exact same routes now) then I agree.

People build time in whichever way they feel will get them to their goal the quickest. Yes, in the 2000s it was RJs. Plenty of guys hired in the late 90s who flew Saabs and Jetsreams for less than 10 years. Plenty of guys in the late 70s who went straight into a legacy job. The timing of my career is not my fault.
Hilarious to gather that you view 5 years making $40K in a comfy jet as a phase of life you might deserve some sort of reparation for, especially if you are at main line Delta now. News flash - you’ve been made whole!!! Do you anticipate feeling short-changed if you are not a wide body captain at 10 years’ seniority? Agreed that the “dues phase” varied in nature (greatly) over time and everybody did what was required to reach the career goal. But few I know harbor a lingering resentment for the path taken, especially when it was a safe and comfortable ride that paid better then the average job. But there are plenty of folks here that are rightfully sore over lost pension benefits that have approximately the same probability of being made whole as you are for your “pain and suffering” in a RJ.