View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 08:13 PM
CMFIC
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Left Handed View Post
I think he’s off just a little bit. Assuming a $50,000 a year raise (average, but I think it’s more) times 1800 pilots, that equals $90 million per year. So around $500M Just in pay over 5 years. Plus harder to quantify QOL stuff like trip rigs etc. he was probably told those numbers by our management who is trying to downplay it to make themselves look better.
A $50k-80k pay raise per pilot, average?

Now let's estimate if each of our pilots, rather than flying an average of 550 hours per year, does 850 hours per year under the T/A. If that ratio is anywhere close to correct, we'd need 1300 pilots to accomplish the same amount of work as 2,000 pilots today... or 2600 pilots to fly the same schedule it would currently require 4,000 pilots. This would be a much more standard ratio of pilots per plane than we currently have- i.e., that's where were headed with this T/A.

Multiply the number of pilots (that we won't need under the T/A) by the average cost per pilot (salary, benefits, payroll tax, etc). That's where the savings are going to roll in for the airline. Even before the savings from substandard hourly rates, which are much more meaningless to the airline than we're giving them credit for.

Now the 120M increase sounds more realistic- and the quoted 12M/year savings for the airline is clearly bull*******