View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 08:05 AM
November Seven
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
If you're going to do many hundreds or even 1000+ hours in GA, you don't need to rush right into a twin.
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
If you want experience flying fast, fly the prop twin fast on arrivals/approaches... it will do that. You don't need experience flying fast in cruise flight.
Very insightful, thanks. You must have been reading my mail.

It is precisely the Approach that concerns me. Not to a point of negative concern - just something that I continually hear jet pilots talk about - "Staying Ahead Of The Aircraft" - "Everything That Happens In A Jet, Happens Faster." The sooner I can ramp-up to being more competent at flying faster, more stable instrument approaches of a wide variety, the happier I'm going to be.

All three of the VLJs I'm looking at have approach speeds somewhere in the 120-130 kts region. Yet, they all cruise at better than mach 0.8 and each of them can descend like a rock if necessary - so they can all get down very fast. I wonder how difficult it will be getting into a stable approach with something having with such dynamic horizontal and vertical speed ranges. Can't wait to find out!