View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 08:17 AM
November Seven
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by galaxy flyer View Post
The NBAA, AOPA and the Bombardier Safety Standdowns put on single-pilot seminars, CRM training for single-pilots and offer human factors programs. Worth attending.
Thanks for the tip. I've watched some online already - a little over an hour for both. Never heard of the Bombardier Safety Standdowns, though (I'll look into it).

What do you think about integrating some Upset Recovery Training as part of my initial flight training? Or, maybe wait until after the Instrument Rating?

Or, could I replace Upset Recovery Training with Basic to Intermediate Aerobatics Training planned as part of my fundamental flight training?

I don't plan any aerobatics in a VLG, of course. But, I want a wider flight experience, so I can be familiar and comfortable with any aircraft attitude at any given moment in time. Again, I remember Bob Hoover, as being my inspiration in this regard - many years ago. Aerobatics, just seem to make an overall more spatially aware or spatially conscious Pilot. I could be wrong about that, but it seems logical to assume.