View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 05:53 AM
PasserOGas
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by RiddleEagle18 View Post
Posted on BP last night. This is happening to more and more pilots on a daily basis. It’s sad really and didn’t need to be this way, but this was managements decision.

“This resonates. I said something true earlier tonight by accident (which is always unsettling). I was chatting with a gate agent about our operations last weekend and stopped myself from saying just a little too much with a "I'm going to stop there because I like my job."

And it wasn't true, and it was the first time I deeply realized that it wasn't true. Something in the last few weeks or months flipped the switch from "a job I like in less than ideal circumstances" to "a job I dislike" and I didn't notice.

I suspect that we could get the richest contract in history tomorrow and it wouldn't matter. We would still be disregarded drones. All it would mean is that we would fight every day to enforce it. Fly now grieve later, and maybe you'll get your day off back in 6 months. The same people would run this place, and they'd celebrate the milestone of signing a contract by showing everyone else on the property that it's still not worth it by simply making our lives hell in spite of it.

I don't think achieving a CBA means going back to business as usual. Those days are gone forever, and we'll simply be better compensated, not happier.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#keepsgettingbetter