View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 12:44 PM
TiredSoul
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

Thanks for sharing that scary experience. A bit too freaky for me. I would end the student/instructor relationship as well. You can't learn anything in that kind of environment because you are too busy cleaning your underwear in the flight club's restroom after the flight - given how you badly stained them on the last rollout. Wet pants after a flight lesson does not seem like something to look forward to during your next meeting.
See, you’re over analyzing it again.
Instructor tells - Instructor does
Instructor tells - student does
Student tells - student does ( it helps)
Student does - instructor monitors.

And occasional nudge or ‘pedal-check’ or other non verbal reminder is perfectly normal.
I don’t always have time to tell you, especially close to the ground or obstacles. If you’re going to have an issue every time I touch the controls we are going to have a problem.

Now MIND YOU, that is completely different from an insecure instructor with ( literally) control issues that is always ‘feeling’ with you.
You seem to have a hard time finding a middle ground in your reasonings.
Anything we mention goes straight into outer space.
Keep in mind you look at this with no (virtually) experience and we look at this with a lot of experience and it just gives you a viewpoint which is “off”.
I’ve said it before, nothing wrong with planning but your trying to build a nuclear reactor and you should be rubbing two sticks together.
Remember there is a gigantic unknown in all your mental planning excercises.....what your actual performance will be and how it will affect your progress and your carefully scripted plan.