Thread: DFW-ATL commute
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 05:48 PM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by arypilot757 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with DFW-ATL commute on DAL. Getting ready to start training, and any input would be greatly appreciated.
I moved back here in 2016. There have been a lot of former Military and Envoy pilots hired that have chosen to commute since being hired in 2016/17 so that has added to the commuters again.

We still have hundreds of pilots and last I heard around a thousand FA's that still commute.(gate agents, maintenance employees add to that) Most of them were hire 40 plus years ago. They sometimes don't list and just show up 45 prior to a flight and then list and get on.

All of that said, its been doable, but I often given myself three flights not the two that is required under the commuter policy. I have only had to use my backup once, but I generally book the jumpseat and go on whatever flight I get that on.

I have talked to a few 2014/15 hires that are now debating moving to ATL. Flight loads change fast. They also added back the AA IROPS interline agreement a few months back as well.

Its not impossible, but you need to watch it and respect the commute out of here.